How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Dear all,I have bought a car from an auction house and the

Customer Question

Dear all, I have bought a car from an auction house and the car has an stolen engine in it the auction house charged me an indemnity fee to cover me for these events but I have been writing to them and calling them and they never reply. what options do I have?

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You may contact the insurance company directly if you have details of them and the policy with you.

If not, I am afraid you would need to try and keep contacting the auction house or make a claim against them for negligence if they did not take out the policy which you say you paid for.

Can I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply to my question.

I was wondering if you could point me towards a solicitors firm or individual who may be able to take my case on and deal with the auction house, police ( I have informed the police and obtained a CAD ref number ) etc. on my behalf. I have contacted several firms but they don't deal with these cases.

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
I am afraid we are only allowed to refer you to the Law Society solicitor search facility:

All the best

Related Law Questions