UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Dear all,I have bought a car from an auction house and the

Customer Question

Dear all, I have bought a car from an auction house and the car has an stolen engine in it the auction house charged me an indemnity fee to cover me for these events but I have been writing to them and calling them and they never reply. what options do I have?

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You may contact the insurance company directly if you have details of them and the policy with you.

If not, I am afraid you would need to try and keep contacting the auction house or make a claim against them for negligence if they did not take out the policy which you say you paid for.

Can I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply to my question.

I was wondering if you could point me towards a solicitors firm or individual who may be able to take my case on and deal with the auction house, police ( I have informed the police and obtained a CAD ref number ) etc. on my behalf. I have contacted several firms but they don't deal with these cases.

I am afraid we are only allowed to refer you to the Law Society solicitor search facility:
http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

All the best