12826847

RE: Insolvency Act 1986 c. 45 Part IV Chapter X Penalisation

Customer Question

RE: Insolvency Act 1986 c. 45 Part IV Chapter X Penalisation of directors and officers, s. 217

[http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1986/45/section/217 ]

Question: What happens if a company goes inactive and waits to be struck-off the register as oppose to being liquidated?  

If the director of said Ltd. company sets up as a sole trader during dissolution, and transfers all business operations to the new venture from the Ltd. company, would they not then become "personally responsible for all the relevant debts of a company if at any time [...] in contravention of section 216"?

- Many thanks.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, I'll wait.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

My name is AJ and I will assist you with this.

Did the company have any other creditors before it was struck off? How long ago was it struck off?

AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
They were struck off 1 April. They owed their solicitor for services rendered relating to this case, but I do not know of any others (although it would not surprise me if there were more).
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

How much are you owed?

AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.