75100385

I have just a credit check done because of moving & found out

I have just a credit check done because of moving & found out that I have a CCJ that I had no idea I had. How would I go about finding out more about & resolving it please??

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Sorry for the delay.

Are you hoping to get it set aside?

The details of the judgment should be on your credit check
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I was hoping too get it set aside.. The credit check was done by an estate agents. How do I get the details of the CCJ??

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

You need to fill out form N244 - http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n244-eng.pdf and submit it to the County Court.

There will then be a fee and a hearing where a Judge will decide whether to set it aside.

But you must show that you have a realistic defence to the claim. You can't just set it aside on the basis you did not know about it, you must have some defence.

And you must show you acted promptly, so if you waited for more than 30 days from the time you knew about the CCJ, you may struggle.

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience