75100385

I have been caught drink and driving with 110 mg of alcohol

I have been caught drink and driving with 110 mg of alcohol in my blood. This is my first offence.
The court hearing has been has been set in 14 day. I am 19 years old. Do I really need to have a solicitor at the hearing? What questions will I be asked by the magistrate and What do I need to be prepared to answer? Also will I have this criminal record for the rest of my life? and will it pose restriction if travelling to the Usa or to Australia ( I am going top Austalia for a year with the my Uni).

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Do you have any previous convictions please?

Customer:

no previous convictions

Alex Watts :

Ok - this is in the lowest bracket

Alex Watts :

You are likely to get a fine in accordance with earnings, costs, victim surcharge and you will be disqualified anywhere between 12-16 months. It is likely to be towards the lower end given the reading and if you plead guilty.

Alex Watts :

You do not have to declare this to the USA as it is not an offence of moral turpitude

Alex Watts :

You MAY have to declare it when going to Australia

Alex Watts :

Leave that question on the immigration form (that you get on the plane) blank. Then ask one of the customs officials when you get into baggage claim. Customs not bullies and will gladly assist you in correctly filling that part of the card in.

Alex Watts :

The chances are that this will not be an issue for you

Alex Watts :

But if you hire a car you will probably certainly have to declare this

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Which kind of question will be asked by the magistrates and what would suggest as answers?

Alex Watts :

Why you did it.

Alex Watts :

But generally you would give mitigation, you are sorry, you are pleading guilty, never done this before etc

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you today?

Customer:

Therefore no necessary to be represented by a solicitor.

Alex Watts : No. You will face a ban, this is inevitable but no risk of anything more than a fine.
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Customer:

thank you very much

Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/