Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Hi there, Was wondering if you could help, If our solicitor

Customer Question

Hi there,
Was wondering if you could help, If our solicitor is not being proactive in our selling our house what can I do to move things along quicker than they are without annoying our solicitor, for example they asked a few questions to our buyers over seven weeks ago an they still haven't got a reply! Is this how long four questions take to be answered? Or is it down to our solicitors not following these things up, We have a very big concern as it could quite possibly cost us the perches of our new home
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

As regards the "few questions", are these questions raised on your Sale or purchase?

Are Estate Agents involved in the Sale and Purchase?

Kind Regards
AL

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Al.
The questions that were raised are on the sale side, and it's funny you should mention about the estate agent, they keep asking us for updates.

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

Well, first and foremost, there is no harm in you chasing your Solicitor for an update. The least your Solicitor should be doing is keeping you to up to date. It would, however, be a bit strange for your Solicitor to be asking questions to your Buyers Solicitors unless it is to find out your Buyers present position.

As regards XXXXX XXXXX Solicitor, if he/she is not available, you can always ask to speak to the Secretary if he/she is not available. We Conveyancing Solicitors are always busy, but we should return all clients phone calls the same day, so perhaps phone them on Monday (after 10 am!) and ask for a call back if the Solicitor is not available.

Some Agents are better than others, but they should also be chasing the chain for you and if you get no luck with your Solicitor you should be demanding that your Agents speak to your Buyers Solicitors for an update and they can of course also speak directly to your Buyers also. They won't want to lose their commission if there is a possibility of you losing your purchase due to delay, and you are probably paying them 4 or 5 times as much as your Solicitor so they should be putting in the effort for you!

Don't know if this helps?

Please let me know if you want to clarify anything.

Kind Regards
AL
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
For Aston lawyer
Hi there again thanks for the advice it's was very helpful and clear where I stand.
I do have another question about our house, how long should it take for the lease holder to reply to questions sent by our buyers solicitors? It's been aproxamatley 6/8 weeks since we payed the fee relating to the enqires.

Hi again,

Thanks for the positive feedback.

As regards Leasehold enquiries, the Managing Agents (if it is Managing Agents as opposed to an individual Freeholder) should reply within 4 weeks at the most. Unfortunately some are more efficient than others. If you have waited 6/8 weeks, that is beyond a joke, to be honest. You should contact themselves and complain!

Even if it is an individual Freeholder, you should have heard from him by now, also, and would suggest that you contact him directly to chase!

I hope this assists.

Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
for Aston lawyers
Hi there, how much would it cost and take to get a deed of correction and lease extension via the Court?

Hi again,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

As this is a new question, I would be grateful if you could post it as a new question, and you can start your question " For Aston Lawyer.." or personally request that I answer your question.

Kind Regards
AL