tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

Dear sir, I am currently and very recently being sued by a

Dear sir, I am currently and very recently being sued by a former employer who has fraudulently signed my signature on a contract of employment, and claims to have two witnesses to the signing. Having spoken to solicitors it appears that unless I have the financial resources to defend then I am going to lose any claim against me. is there any help out there to assist?

Kind regards,

Colin
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hi thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX can assist with this.

tdlawyer :

How much money is at stake here please, how mych as he signed a contract worth?

Customer: Hi Tony
Customer: Hi Tony, he is seeking 40k plus costs. It is complicated, I was employed for 5years and left following a breakdown in relationships with the MD, I was made redundant. I have never signed a CofE yet one has appeared with a credible signature. I have set up in business in direct competition and have secured a contract that was with his company but expired. He is claiming breach of RC's.
tdlawyer :

Hi Colin.

tdlawyer :

As I understand it, you're seeking to say that the employer has done something fraudulently, which is, of course, a criminal offence. So in terms of identying other options for you - the police is a good start, as this would be an offence under the Fraud Act.

tdlawyer :

Or you could find a solicitor willing to do this on a conditional fee or contingency fee agreement. These would mean you dont have to pay anything up-front, although if you won at a civil court hearing, then you would pay a contribution based on hourly rates (for conditional fee) or on the damages you recover (for contingency). I expect a conditional fee agreement is more likely for you.

tdlawyer :

However the police have to be the best initial option for you as they don't cost anything and this is potentially a criminal offence.

tdlawyer :

Hello Colin. Is there anything more we can discuss about this?

tdlawyer :

If you're happy with the service this evening, would you please remember to rate the answer and end the chat. Thanks.