75100385

We have a sycamore tree in the front of the house which my

We have a sycamore tree in the front of the house which my neighbours have put in a complaint to the council that it is too large and want it reducing in size. If the council approve that it can be reduced, as it is in a conservation area, who is responsible for the cost?
Mike Eastwood.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Sadly as the tree belongs to you, you would be responsible for the reduction, even though you have not asked for it

Alex Watts :

This is because you are responsible for trees etc that are on your own land

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you are after and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Thank you for your very quick response. I thought that this would be the case but thank you for looking into my question.