75100385

Dear Sir/Madam could you advise me please on a Dual range

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam

could you advise me please on a Dual range cooker i bought for a friend, from Birkby Bargains in Huddersfield, we both looked at the web site, but did not notice the advert saying ex-demo, just caught reduced sale. with delivery £750.00.. whilst i spoke to the lady from Birkbys she never once said to me this is an ex demo and there are some scratches /dents/damages and certainly never said you can return the item if you are not satisfied,...how ever my friend received the cooker on Wednesday after noon whilst the builders are there, they took the card board cover off to find a large dent in the oven door 2 marks on the Grill door! lots of long and deep scratches on the main oven door top and bottom, plus safety Glass handle long scratches plus side panel to control panel big chuck of paint taken out of panel showing bare metal!!....i think this was the last cooker in stock of this type!!!....i would like my money back!! or replacement!....this was bought on wednesday the 16th

what can i do please
kind regards
Malcolm

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Was it sold as seen?

JACUSTOMER-j4no4d0h- :

Hi Alex

JACUSTOMER-j4no4d0h- :

no was not sold as seen!!

JACUSTOMER-j4no4d0h- :

at present i suspect the only thing i am able to do is!...ask for a refund! if they say no then i will response with under the consumers Goods Act 1974, it refers to my rights and sellers right! you are obligated to refund or replace or repair!, or offer an alternative, up Grade which may mean that i have to pay an additional cost!!...if i`m not satisfied with this i can ask for a refund!! this is also within the consumers Goods act of sale, with a cooling off period!! 14 days!! at no point did you advise there are no returns and no refunds!! you have already admitted liability as to a small dent!!..then saying the rest of the damage was by couriers services or location as to where the parcel was being held!!

Alex Watts : Did you buy it online or in store please?
JACUSTOMER-j4no4d0h- : Only line
Alex Watts : When was it delivered?