12826847

Hi Jo, I asked your advise 3 months ago concerning my PCN,

Hi Jo, I asked your advise 3 months ago concerning my PCN, I have just received the first letter from a debt agency ( Newlyn of Northampton), do I just ignore this demand for £166 or do I offer a 'token' recompense and 'admit' liability or wait for them to take it further?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

I can't see another question on your account?

I would do this as a free follow up.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I received a PCN from a company in Sheffield (Victoria Quays) for £100 for overstaying parking outside my sons new flat (helping him move in), I have avoided paying the unreasonable charge, although I know now that there were signs around,but I would base my argument that they are not out of pocket and it took longer to unpack the car,but as I say the threats have started,what do I do?

It depends what your goal is really.

If you want a stress free live and you are finding these communications make you anxious then the only way to bring it to an end is to pay in full.

If you are happy to contest this then just ignore them. They will send you many more of these. The chances of them suing are still pretty low but it could happen.

If it just you just defend on the basis they have not suffered loss and ask them to prove that the signs were adequate.

In fairness, they could argue that the money is due under the contract rather than as a result of loss but that would depend on the wording of the signs and half of them are void.