UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I signed a contract with my estate agent on April 16th to sell

I signed a contract with my estate agent on April 16th to sell my flat, we both discovered it was a unity type construction after signing agreement ( BOTH UNSURE BEFORE THIS STAGE) the estate agent said not to worry as he would still be able to arrange mortgage for buyers , had viewing and was offered a price £2000 under asking price straight away on April 25th 3pm , i was then informed by another partner Friday 4pm who is a expert on mortgages that the buyers would not get mortgage on a unity type construction and we could only sell to cash buyer, (probably at a reduced price my opinion) all other viewing were then cancelled as all wanted mortgage

On the information given that selling would not be a problem we signed for a retirement flat on Friday 25th ( Tenancy) and paid first month rent , we were aware that it could take some time before sell would go through and several month rent might have to be paid,
If i was was aware that the property could only be sold to a cash buyer i would have taken a totally different view on whether to market and sign for retirement flat at this stage , i believe i have a more than strong case to terminate my contract and seek recompense as we might have to pull out of retirement flat .
HELP
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

UKSolicitorJA : Hello,
UKSolicitorJA : do you have a specific query please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The answer i was hoping for is do you agree that i can cancel my contract to sell on information given above ie information given to me by estate agent was incorrect

Yes, you may terminate your contract with the estate agency on the grounds of misrepresentation as you were led to believe something by the agent when in fact that something could not happen.

Can I assist further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for prompt reply you have verified what i believe to be true, the information given was a true account of facts .

so i do not need any more assistance thank you.

Thank you Richard.

Please take a second to leave feedback