12826847

I was with my boyfriend in the pub when the licensee accused

Customer Question

I was with my boyfriend in the pub when the licensee accused him of a sexual assault and he was arrested. Apparently there was a witness to this but I did not see anything take place. My boyfriend was interviewed this morning after seeing a solicitor last night. The local police are pressuring me this morning to give my version of what took place in the pub before, they say, they will decide on charge, application for bail etc. and I have said I will call back. Do I need to tell the police anything other than I did not see alleged incident take place and that I am prepared to go to court in any capacity.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Is there any reason why you think you would need to say anything else please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My boyfriend had come over to me earlier and said . 'That (persons name) told me off because I touched her and I apologised because I was out of order.'

He has said similar to me before and I would certainly not assume from this that he had touched the person inappropriately as that is not his nature at all although he is a lively extrovert type

the police have just rung me again now!!!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry do you need any more information?

Have you told the police that he said that to you?

If not, please do not.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your response Jo. I did not tell the police that and tried not to get involved in answering their many other questions. My boyfriend was released on bail shortly afterwards.

Good.

Have you told anybody else about this?