29905560

Having worked for Leicestershire county council for over 20

Customer Question

Having worked for Leicestershire county council for over 20 years as a premises Manager in school and college sites. Working out side in all weathers I started to be riddled with Arthritis in my hands/ feet / knees /elbow/neck, I also suffer from flat feet and painful heels due to all the walking I had to do as part of my job. I also have sciatica from all the heavy lifting I had to do as part of my job. The out come of this was for Leicestershire county council was to dismiss me on medical grounds due to the fact I was in pain doing my job. They were supposed to offer me another job on the same wage scale of £24,576 a year but only offered me a job that I did not know anything about on only approx. £10,000. I declined this half hearted offer. I think I was discriminated against and it was more of a cost cutting exercise by the school at the time and indeed after I had left they set some one on at only £15,000 a year approx.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. When did your employment with them terminate and what would you like to know about your situation?