UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

insurance company refuse to remaining seven months of

Customer Question

insurance company refuse to refund remaining seven months of cancelled policy(van was sold and not replaced),reason given was that a claim had been made on the policy.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Who made the claim and what is your query please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I made the claim. my query is that my initial premium should cover the claim and refund of unused months of policy is a separate issue

Who is the insurer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I made the claim. my query is that my initial premium should cover the claim and refund of unused months of policy is a separate issue.Insurer isZURICH,the refusal to refund came from computerquoteinsurance.com Birch House,Parklands Business Park,Forest Road, Denmead, HAnts.P07 6XP

I have just looked at Zurich's policy conditions which state that no refund will be provided in the event of a claim where the vehicle is a total loss and not being replaced.

I am afraid if the above applies in you case, then the policy wording is clear that you are not entitled to any refund in that event.

You may verify the above by looking at your policy wording under cancellation.

Can I assist further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My vehicle was not a total loss or write-off. The van was sold because I retired and ceased trading.The vehicle was sold back to the dealer it was purchased from for a good price.

I suggest you see what your policy wording says about cancellation, can you post the wording here?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you however I can not find my old policy but will follow up on your information re "total loss"

Thank you for your excellent feedback and bonus.

Please feel free to revert to me if you need further assistance remembering to ask for UKSolicitorJA only to answer you.