DRAFT DEFINITIVE AGREEMENT BETWEEN CHRIS AND XXXXX XXXXX AND THE PERSON SHARING THEIR HOME (THE SHARER)
1. Purpose of agreement: Chris and Betty are in their 80s and are disabled and offer free accommodation in return for limited assistance.
2. Accommodation provided: Own bedroom, own kitchen (but allowing access to boiler), own sitting room with view of garden, shared use of garden, and shared use of shower room with wc (shared with Chris) – all on ground floor. Also shared use of washing machine.
3. What the sharer will do and not do: In return for free accommodation:
4. What Betty and Chris will do: They will organise and pay for the weekly cleaning of the house. They will give reasonable notice of their need to be driven and will pay for all petrol used on their behalf.
They will respect the sharer’s right to privacy.
5. Termination of agreement: A month’s notice on either side.
We probably need to add a clause about the immediate termination of the agreement if the sharer misbehaves in some way. And possibly some other clauses as well.
Thank you very much indeed. That is very helpful, and I am very grateful. I will do what you say. Would it be a good idea to add: "This agreement is ended without notice if the sharer is in any way in breach of any of the above clauses".
If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.
Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
I am extremely happy with the help you gave me (see above) but can you please answer my final question (see above): Would it be a good idea to add: "The agreement is ended without notice if the sharer is in any way in breach of any of the above clauses"?
You can't terminate without notice, this is a persons home.
You do need to give notice.
Does that help>
Not fully. My wife and I own the home. Surely the agreement can be terminated without notice if the person sharing our home misbehaves contrary to the agreement? No? Chris
Sadly you can't just throw someone out on the streets. You need to give some notice.
Even if it is 24/48 hours
Very many thanks. Chris