29905560

Hi I feel I was discriminated against by my line manager.

Customer Question

I feel I was discriminated against by my line manager. He told me that the department had restructured and the job titles had changed and that I would no longer be a Senior Revenue Analyst, instead just a Revenue Analyst. He said the reason was that I did not have enough industry experience, I did not have a project and he had not had time to train me. He had to give me the project and he choose to give it to others instead of me, he choose to train others in stead of me so I feel that he deliberately discriminated me.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?

JACUSTOMER-ci68c5os- : Hi Ben, I started on 1st July 2013 so it would be nearly 10 months.
Ben Jones :

Why do you think you are being treated differently, on what grounds do you think this is happening?

JACUSTOMER-ci68c5os- : From about two months into the job, my line manager kept on apologising and saying he did not have the time to sit with me and train me. Then he handed out projects about nov time while I was away and he excluded me. What annoys me is that the areas I was looking after are senior areas which have now been given to a senior revenue analyst.
Ben Jones :

ok let me explain and that may help - discrimination in law can only occur if you are being treated detrimentally due to a protected characteristic. There are limited grounds that qualify and they include gender, age, race, religion, disability, marriage and sexual orientation. Are you being treated detrimentally because of any of these?

Ben Jones :

Hi, can you please explain on which of the above mentioned grounds do you believe you have been discriminated in this case? Thanks