29905560

I have 12000 geg-s stock in las americas broadband and have

I have 12000 geg-s stock in las americas broadband and have been offered $10 per share but have to remove legend at a cost of 60 cents per share which has to be paid first but then i get this back There is 1.5% commission but this is removed at source .The co. is Yamamoto asset management in Japan and appear to be regulated. Is this a scam?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you have more details about them, such as a website?

Customer:

www.yamamotoam.com

Ben Jones :

ok let me check a few things on them please

Ben Jones :

the site does not work for me, is that the correct address?

Customer:

www.yamamotoam.com

Ben Jones :

does it work for you?

Customer:

I havent tried it but is on their letter heads

Customer:

My daughter checked it out and said it appeared official

Ben Jones :

ok well the site does not work, but I have checked the website domain information and it is a very new site, created only in January 2014 - it means that whoever created the site would have only done so a few months ago. Already this should be ringing alarm bells - no working site and one that was created very recently, which suggests a scam because many of these scam sites have been created very recently, for the sole purpose of the scam. Many will look legitimate but this is very easy to do. Unfortunately as the site does not work I cannot check it directly to see if I can spot any issues with its content.

Another big clue is their request for money in advance - This could be for various reasons, such as commission, security, insurance, taxes, etc..It is the most common trick in the book and there is no reason why they cannot use the money from the proceeds to pay for these fees, From the numerous scams I have seen in similar circumstances I am not confident at all about this company, even based on the basic information I have about them

Ben Jones :

Happy to discuss this further if needed?

Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? Thanks

Customer:

Thankyou very much

Customer:

Hi Ben

Customer:

I can't seem to leave you a rating which is excellent particularly the quick response time I don't require any further services at the moment but i will be in touch if i do. Please don't continue my subscription at this time but presumably i have the month if i think of anything else.

Customer:

Ben Jones :

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX do not deal with the customer account side of things but you can [email protected] to request that there is no subscription on your account

Customer:

Neil

Ben Jones :

Thanks Neil, hopefully you saw my last reply above with the email address to contact about this