UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

MY FRIEND HAS ILTR IN THIS COUNTRY, AND WAS APPROCHED BY FEMALE

Customer Question

MY FRIEND HAS ILTR IN THIS COUNTRY, AND WAS APPROCHED BY FEMALE FROM HIS COUNTRY TO MARRY HIM FOR MONEY WHILST SHE WAS ON STUDENT VISA SO MAY
APPLY FOR ILTR. MY FRIEND CANNOT SPEAK OR UNDERSTAND ENGLISH, I AMAZED HOW
HE COULD BE LEGALLY BE MARRIED. HE HAS NEVER LIVED WITH THIS WOMAN OR HAD ANY
INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP. HE HAS MET SOME ONE ELSE WHO HE HAS LIVED WITH FOR THE LAST 12 MONTHS AND HAS A 3 MONTH CHILD.
HE SUFFERS FROM EPILEPSY AND HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO WORK FULL TIME.
WOULD HE NEED A TRANSLATOR.OR COULD HE USE A FRIEND TO EXPLAIN HOW HE WAS USED FOR SOME ONES BENEFIT
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Entering into a marriage of convenience to circumvent immigration laws is a crime.

If you have your friend's permission, you may report on his behalf the fact that the marriage took place for convenience and that your friend does not support any visa or leave to remain application by his so called wife:

https://www.gov.uk/report-immigration-crime

Can I assist further?