12826847

Ive been chatting to a chap online from the u s army.at the

Iv'e been chatting to a chap online from the u s army.at the moment he's in Sudan, but his base is Braggs.I met him on a chat site called skout his email [email protected] He wanted me to send£2000 so he could take vacation time off.All his mail is going to P O Box 631, oshodi, Lagos, Nigeria,Bodunde Sameul. He is with the signal corps. He has also given me this address to use : XXXXX XXXXX, 23401, Lagos, Nigeria. His wife died 12 years ago called Cheryl.He is from West Salem WI. Is this a scam or is this true. Thanks

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Have you sent him the money yet please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I don't.have that much money. I sent him £100 so he could phone me and told me that he got it

Are you asking whether you should send it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I want to know if it's a scam andthat he is who he said he was

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No wanting to know if it is a scam and if he is who he said he was.

Yes, it is scam.

This is a well known scam. A person in the US army purports to be a genuine suitor and then asks for money.

A person in the US army does not pay for leave or for discharge.

Also, if is in Lagos then he is unlikely to have any connection the US army at all who are not currently posted in Lagos but quite likely to have connections with the scammers who are ensconced in Lagos.

Just don't get involved with him. I would love to know why he thinks you should send him £2000 even if his ridiculous account were true! Its not for you to pay for him to have vacation time.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is he who he says he is?

Probably not.

These scams don't emanate from the US Army.