12826847

Hello, Could I please ask your advice on if I can display

Could I please ask your advice on if I can display a poster as in the attached picture and also publish the attached facebook page (screenshots) without risk of libel or other legal repercussions.

Also could you please advise me if other third parties like of comment on this page whether they would be vulnerable to legal action

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

I'm afraid I cannot see any attachments on your post. Would it be possible to describe these to me instead?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi, this is because the site can not attack items during the initial asking of the question. you have to edit the question and attach the images which i am doing now.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, it has been 15 mins since your initial response. As i said the site does not allow you to attach images on the initial question and you have to edit your question to attach them.

trouble is that if you as the advisor pick up the question then nobody else can and so i am now faced with having to wonder if you will reply tonight.

Please respond asap or i will have to ask the question again.

thanks

I have had a look at the attachments.

To be wholly honest, I'm afraid think that is defamatory. The only defence that you would have is that you refer to UKIP rather than any particular person but they could argue that it is clear that you are referring to UKIP supporters.

Obviously its very unlikely that the party itself would sue but one of the supporters might. There are people about with nothing better to do.

I certainly think there is a risk that they could force Facebook to take the posts down and seek the costs of doing so from you I'm afraid.

These are only risks though. People post quite inflammatory stuff all the time and nothing happens. However, there remains a risk.

I'm very sorry