hi, I am witing for my insurence company to finish a claim

I am witing for my insurence company to finish a claim in a stolen van for almost 3 month and they keep telling me they can do anything because they don't have the police report.
My husband need to buy a new van to work, he almost lost his job last week because of that.
Is that right what the insurance company are doing to us?
can you help me?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Have they said why it is taking so long and when it will be concluded please?

they said the police didn't send the report yet

Good afternoon,

As advised in my email below we are reliant on the Police so there is nothing further I can do other than to continue to call and chase their report.

The cut off date is 21/04/2014 and they advised to allow 7 days so the claim should be settled the week beginning 28/04/2014 at the latest but again we are entirely dependant on the Police.

Please call me if you wish to discuss,

this is their last email

Good afternoon,

Just received a call back from the Police advising their cut off date to send the report is the 21/04/2014. The operator also advised me that they will try to get the case through sooner but that we should also allow a further 7-10 days for the report to be posted.

I appreciate this is frustrating and will ensure I continue to chase this regularly on your behalf.

Hopefully the report is received by the cut of date above but I will try to keep you updated.

Please feel free to call me if you wish to discuss.

and this is the one before

I email her this week and called but she did not answer the email and did not pick up the phone.

Alex Watts : Thank you.
Alex Watts : You need to write to the insurance company and set out your complaint in writing.
Alex Watts : They will investigate the comolai
Alex Watts : They will investigate the complaint through their complaints procedure.
Alex Watts : This will be a review by a different file handler.
Alex Watts : Once you have the response and if you are not satisfied you can take it to the Ombudman.
Alex Watts : They offer a free independent service, but you can't complain to them unless you have a final response from the insurers.
Alex Watts : Their website is
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

she called me yesterday and told me again it is the police who is not sending the report because they are moving office.

Alex Watts : You still need to follow the above procedure.
Alex Watts : It is for the insurance company to take this up with the police.

I want to know if they have time to finish a claim or if this is ok. Am I right to complain to the insurance company or you think i should wait?

and by write you mean a letter or can be an email as well?

Alex Watts : Is there a time limit - no
Alex Watts : When I say write I mean by letter, not email.
Alex Watts : Does that help?

how i know to whom i have to write?

Alex Watts : Insurance company.

who is the person I should write about this in the insurece company?

Alex Watts : The complaints department at the insurance co

ok tks

Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything else?

one more question

Alex Watts : of course.

what should I include in this letter?

Alex Watts : Just set out your complaint in a concise way

like the email i have from them? or only my statement about the facts?

Alex Watts : Yes
Alex Watts : statement of facts

Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience