75100385

Car drove into front of my property,insurance company accept

Car drove into front of my property,insurance company accept liability,appointed surveyor who made detail report , this was given to three building firms to provide quotes,these were sent to ins. company . ALL quotes were of the same value . Ins. company said this is to expensive and appointed one of their regular builders whose quote came in at half the price of the other three quotes a diff of 15,000. pound, to get to this figure they have not followed the detailed surveyors report saying that some of the report does NOT have to be done. What do i do?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Have you raised a formal complaint yet please a.
Customer:

sorry had to go out, they are trying to get me to accept a final cash payment based on their contractor,s figures.

Alex Watts :

I dont quite understand the cheaper quote didnt include works recommended by the surveyor?

Customer:

that is right the cheap quote states they are only doing patch repair, surveyors report states remove all render off the front of the building inspect for damage, repair damaged areas, re render with two coat of cement plaster and re paint.

Alex Watts : Have there been any other surveyor reports saying that the extra work is not necessary?
Customer:

hi no, am trying to get hold of the original surveyor, they ,i think want to pawn me off with a final settlement figure , should i involve local building control?

Alex Watts :

Yes you can try that

Alex Watts :

You need to see whether the work is required or not required

Alex Watts :

You need to make sure about that.

Alex Watts :

If the Council do not accept the extra cost then you can issue proceedings on that basis.

Alex Watts :

You should to write and set out your losses and ask for a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court. Make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they refuse then you can issue proceedings which can be done online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by competing form N1 at: https://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf

Alex Watts :

You will be able to use the surveyor report as evidence to show the Judge that all the work is needed and required

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue the claim which will be sent to the Defendant and they will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce it. If the matter is defended it will be set down for a hearing. If the losses are £10,000 or less then it will be a small claim and you do not need representation.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX to get hold of original surveyor who made a detailed report , I will let you know monday .

Alex Watts : Ok
Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/