29905560

Where can I find a terms and conditions template for online

Where can I find a terms and conditions template for online video protection to prevent people from sharing my content?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Can you please explain what specifically you need to use the wording for, what is the arrangement you have with the content you are trying to protect?

Customer:

I have a website which is about to sell online videos which people can watch after they have paid for a password. I want to prevent people as best as I can from sharing the password, and to reinforce that we own the copyright of the video

Customer:

As far as I'm aware as well once someone has purchased access to a video they are not entitled to a refund if they are unhappy with the video or its content. I'm not expecting that kind of reaction the video we are providing is professional filmed with relevant and detailed information but need appropriate terms with connection to this.

Ben Jones :

What would you expect to happen if someone shares your password XXXXX content for example?

Customer:

I would expect to lose a lot of money! especially if it gets onto a forum!

Ben Jones :

ok leave it with me please I will reply on here shortly

Ben Jones :

The content you provide access to would be automatically copyrighted by law in any event because copyright is automatically given to the creator of an original piece. So as long as you are the one who created the videos in question you would be the copyright owner by default and will have legal rights over the content regardless of whether there was a specific clause covering it or not. However, it is always useful to have something in writing to remind the users of what rights you have and what may happen if they breach that copyright. So you could have a standard copyright clause in your terms and conditions to cover this, along the lines of:

“The content of this website, including but not limited to, all videos, photographs, images text, graphics, music and sound (“the Content”) is protected by copyright law and other intellectual property rights.

[Your company name], its licensors, or authorised contributors own the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such Content, as well as in the Content original to it. You must not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, or in any way exploit, any of the Content, in whole or in part except as provided in these Terms of use.

You are allowed to download Content from the website as per the Terms of use, for your own personal use only and within the privileges afforded to you by the website owners. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without our express permission or that of the copyright owner. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material.

Any access credentials to the Content (such as usernames and passwords) are issued for your own personal use only and must not be distributed or otherwise made public to third parties. Doing so would amount to a breach of these Terms, place you in breach of contract and potential copyright infringement.”

Customer:

That sounds good! Can I just copy and paste that?

Ben Jones :

yes you can

Customer:

Thats great! Thank you!

Customer:

Is it appropriate to put at the start of the above statement, ' by purchasing this video you have agreed to the following terms and conditions' the customer will have that knowledge prior to purchase as well

Ben Jones :

oh yes of course, this is just a part of what I believed were longer T&Cs

Customer:

OK sounds fine

Ben Jones :

Great, please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? Thanks

Customer:

That looks great to me, thank you

Ben Jones :

You are welcome