29905560

Hello, my motorbike slipped on gravel going round the corner

my motorbike slipped on gravel going round the corner at the end of my road and scratched the fairing which is special edition. I called the insurance company but my father later advised me not to claim as the damage to my no-claims and next premium would be much more than fixing it myself .I called the insurance company back to say I would not be claiming but they are insisting on full details of this "incident" which I consider to be just an everyday motorcycle event.
Am I obligated to give them all the details ?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Have you checked your policy documents to see what you are required to do in such circumstances?

Customer:

Not yet,will do so.

Ben Jones :

Ok generally a policy will include details of what you are required to do in the event that you are involved in an incident or accident. What they have asked you to do may therefore be just a standard request when they become aware of this and does not mean much at this stage. They would want to know the circumstances of what happened in case this proceeds to a claim in the future but assuming that there was no one else involved and you will not be claiming under your insurance then it should not result in a claim and that should be the end of the matter. By providing them with further information about this you are not claiming from them so this would not be treated as a formal claim for the damage incurred.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

OK Ben, looks as if I shall have to talk to them then, thank you.

Ben Jones :

you are welcome, but as mentioned check the terms of the policy to see exactly what is expected of you

Customer:

Will do, thanks. Ben, I can't seem to get out of this chat , I keep being told to wait for your reply, could you please send me something to end the chat, thanks, Jake

Ben Jones :

sorry there is a bug sometimes, you can just type your rating choice on here and close down the window, thanks

Customer:

OK thanks, XXXXX XXXXX is good today. Jake

Ben Jones :

many thanks