29905560

I have made a car insurance claim 2 years ago through a firm

I have made a car insurance claim 2 years ago through a firm of solicitors on a no win no fee basis and I have attended doctors etc I told them recently that I did not want to proceed with the claim and they have sent me a bill for £4,700.00
how can I query this?
is there someone who will advise me or do I need to get a solicitor

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. In what way do you wish to query it - do you agree with parts of it at least?

Customer:

well really this claim was made by my son. he signed an agreement on a no win no fee basis however as 2 years has gone by he decided to not continue without realising the costs he was given to belive that the cost would be £200 this was by telephone and it might have related to a doctors appointment

Customer:

we are unsure how to proceed

Ben Jones :

If you have received a bill from your solicitor, which you are unhappy with, then the first step is to complain directly to them. There would be a complaints handling procedure senior partners who would deal with any complaints and you should certainly try and resolve this directly with them first.

In fact, each solicitors firm should have a designated complaints handler whose details may be obtained from the Solicitors Regulation Authority via 0870(NNN) NNN-NNNNor email:[email protected]

If, after complaining directly to the solicitor, you are still not satisfied you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300(NNN) NNN-NNNN who can help to resolve your complaint for you.

Ben Jones :

Not sure if my repsonse is visible above as we have this new system that may have prevented it?

Customer:

thanks I see it now

Ben Jones :

ok let me know if you need me to clarify anything

Customer:

will do

Ben Jones :

Thanks. If you do not need any further help then please take a second to click on one of the smiley faces as otherwise the question will remain on my open list