12826847

Hi, If I was going to keep six dogs during the day (Doggy

If I was going to keep six dogs during the day (Doggy Day Care) (at my house, residential property) no overnighting in kennels on the premises what are the rules regarding this?? I live in Tameside (Manchester)

Regards,
XXXXX XXXXX

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo,

Not sure what more information you require it is residential property and I am thinking of having six dogs during the day for day care and walking. They will not stay overnight.

Roy

You need to apply for a licence. You need to apply from the council. They send a vet along to check the property and facilities.

If you are a commercial operation then you need to get a licence even if you are offering doggy care for one dog.

There is a different licence for a boarding establishment that you would need to seek if you were having dogs overnight but I note thats not your position.