12826847

My daughter was involved in a car accident on 21 April and

Customer Question

My daughter was involved in a car accident on 21 April and her car insurance gave her details to a solicitor for personal injuries. She spoke to them on the 22 April and they sent her some forms to fill in. She does not now want to claim and spoke to them today 29 April. They then said she cannot cancel and they will charge her £700 if she does not go through with it. Can they do this? I thought this would come under the 7 day cooling off period. Please could you let me know.
Any help very much appreciated.

Linda Paramor

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Why doesn't she want to claim please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She thought she would need to claim for her shoulder but it is a lot better and does not feel she need to go down this root.

She can indeed cancel within seven days if the service has not been provided and the chances are that they have done very little in that period anyway.

Tell her to tell them that if they insist on charging £700, she will make a formal complaint to the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your help.

Linda

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/