12826847

hi.... my partner is in jail acused of something big.... i

hi.... my partner is in jail acused of something big.... i just want to know, cause in the documents against him r discussions between me and some of my friends, if has the right someone to read this discussions when i did not talked nothing with no one about what he does or things like this. i just want to protect my family and this discussions being at the very beginning of our relationship (first year) could bring problems in my family. we have 2 children's now and i would really want to know if has or does not have the right to read those documents and if happens what i can do legally. thank u so much

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you mean?

How would he have access to your discussions?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he is retained in jail and waiting for his sentence. my discussions r attached at his dossier and since i understood he has access at this.

What do you mean by discussions?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

in the year when i meted him, after a few months he was putted on the wanted list. i just woke up one morning with the police in my bedroom (i had rented a room in a house at that time) and they taken all (my phones, my laptop). all the discussions are from phone, from Facebook, yahoo, etc. i hided some things from him and i still hide them only to don't hurt him. at that time i never was thinking that we gona end like this and we gona have a family together. but this discussions which they don't have nothing with his case can destroy my family. i mean we have two children's together and we love each other but those papers could end this and i don't want it. so I'm asking u, is they have the right to read them or to use them in any way, not only him, but anyone. and what i can do legal to stop this. thank u so much

If you mean that they have seized your correspondences about him and are using them hearsay in the case against him then they will have to disclose that to his legal team and they will show them to him. There is no way around that. Everything upon which the Crown relies has to be disclosed and instructions need to be taken.

Whether or not they can rely on it depends on the nature of the evidence, whether they need you to explain it etc.

But if you are saying that this has been seized already and is being relied upon by the Crown then there is no way of preventing him seeing it I'm afraid.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.