12826847

Hi, I recently bought a second hand car (december 2013)

Customer Question

Hi, I recently bought a second hand car (december 2013) for £995 and was sold a comprehensive warranty for £150 covering all major systems for a year. A few weeks ago my car broke down - on first exam it is an issues with compression (i.e. something severe). I rang the warranty company and they had no record of me. The garage admitted they hadn't submitted my application and offered to refund the warranty. Not ideal as the warranty was purchased to protect me from costs exceeding the cost of the warranty. I asked to speak to the manager and they gave the name of a man who owns another garage but claims to have nothing to do with the company (ebuy motors) at all. The damage to the car could cost more than the value of the car so I have lost £1395 (it cost me £250 to recover the car when it broke down) and a few days off work. Is there anything I can do? Many thanks James XXXX

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo, I'd like to know what I can do about it, legally...