12826847

I was arrested on Saturday night following a dispute with my

Customer Question

I was arrested on Saturday night following a dispute with my girlfriend. I pushed her over in the street outside a night club. I have been bailed until the 8th of next month. She has not given a witness statement and refuses to do so as it was a bit silly. The Police are asking the Door Supervisors for statements. I may be charged under Section 4. I appeared at court a few months ago because I told someone to back off from my partner as she was threatening her at work and received a fine. I now paying for private Anger Management Therapy at a cost of £120 a session. How likely is it I will go to prison?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Did she call the police?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, the door supervisors did

Is that other matter your only previous conviction?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have a caution for harassment from around 2 years ago.. Silly really, I broke up with my ex fiancé after she had an affair and text her to much.
Yes, its all a load of domestic nonsense.

You won't go to prison. It won't happen. Its a travesty that you are at risk of prosecution at all but we have to be realistic.

If they get a statement from the doorman to the effect that he saw you push her over then they probably will charge this as a S4 or common assault.

Its not the worst offence and the facts are not the worst. It is aggravated that its upon your partner but they do not have any evidence of that.

Given your previous convictions, realistically, you are probably facing a community order with a Think First course which basically amounts to anger management. There will also be costs of £85 and a surcharge of £35 or thereabouts.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/