Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

We were executors of a estate which was distributed to the

Customer Question

We were executors of a estate which was distributed to the beneficiaries. All of them accepted in writing the amounts given and discharged us. Now one of them is questionning the amount received, even after having discharged us.

Can they do this at this stage?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Beneficiaries should and are only entitled to query the administration of an Estate before the Estate has been wound up. There is of course no harm in a beneficiary querying an issue/asking a question of the Executors post administration, but legally, once the Accounts have been prepared and the monies distributed, then the Executors have fulfilled their duties and obligations to the beneficiaries.
A beneficiary certainly can't take any legal action against an Executor once the Estate has ben wound up, unless there is a potential case of fraud against the Executor.

I hope this assists, but please let me know if you require any further clarification.

Kind Regards
AL

Hi Penelope,

Can I assist you any further?

Kind Regards
AL