75100385

Dear just answer, Ive recently discovered due to a newspaper

Dear just answer, I've recently discovered due to a newspaper article, that my economy 10 electric meter provided by SSE could be inaccurate.
I contacted on SSE about my meter and they agreed in writing that I have been paying much more money in on peak rather than off-peak times.
I then asked me to check the time on my meter, which I found it to be 30 minutes out.
this matters a lot to me as I've had this system to nearly 10 years, and my 9 kW electric heater kicks in bang on at the three allotted times in the day, so what they're saying is what the meter is saying I was being fed electric in on peak times.
they've now replied and said because my meter isn't over one hour out of time there is no case, and that now I've decided to switch my electric as I was unhappy with SSE, they can't check the meter, even though I haven't switched yet.
in my two-bedroom flat I don't have gas, it's just electric, and the 9 kW heater heats the water pumps and run the radiators just like a gas boiler.
as you can imagine 9 kW is a lot of electric it's like nine kettles being turned on all at the same time.
Am I in a position to fight a battle with them being that my electric meter was out 30mins.?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : How much do you calculate you have overpaid please?
Customer:

Its nearly impossible for me to calculate,

Customer:

these are the times of economy 10

Customer:

00:00 - 05:00
13:00 - 16:00
20:00 - 22:00

Customer:

First i need to know what is their rules in what their clock is allowed to drift, surly a few minute is except able but not 30minutes

Customer:

I am on the phone to OVO to see if I can stop the transfer to them, don't need SSE having any more excuses not to look into this.

Alex Watts : Do you know a rough cost?
Customer:

I pay roughly 2000 to 2500 a year for the last 10 years. my off-peak is 82,457 and my on peak kw total reading is 87,893

Alex Watts : Is it less than £10,000 for the last six years?
Customer:

I will have to check Alex through bank statements, the electric rate is 8.39p off peak and 16.61 on peak, as of a August 2013 bill i have with meter costs listed on it.

Customer:

3it is nearly £10,000 over 6 years, on a rough add up its £9754

Customer:

Actually the total is from Apr 2008 to Apr 2014 is £10,458

Alex Watts : You won't be able to claim from 2008, under the limitation act 1980 you can only claim for 6 years. But you need to keep it under £10,000 for the reasons below.
Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
Alex Watts : If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Thats great Alex I will check money claim and see where i get, be in touch soon, thanks again

Alex Watts : No problem. Please remember to leave feedback before you go today.