LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

hi I have accepted an offer on a commercial property of £170,000.

hi I have accepted an offer on a commercial property of £170,000. I own it out wright and the buyer does not need finance. There solicitiors have drawn up a contract and want me to sign it. I know the buyer well and trust him, Do I need to have a solicitor or am I leaving myself wide open
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a lawyer with over 15 years experience. I will try to help yo with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

It may well be wise in a situation like this to instruct a solicitor to look at the contract. The solicitor who has drawn it up up does not owe you any duties. You do not have to have a solicitor for a property transaction but for the sake of a few hundred pounds you could make sure that there is nothing nasty slipped into the contract from which you will be receiving £170,000.

Customer:

ok thanks for the advice