75100385

Hi, I just signed a rental agreement with Strutt Parker, and

Customer Question

Hi, I just signed a rental agreement with Strutt Parker, and now I just found out the flat has just put up scaffolding for exterior renovation, and they have kept this information from me deliberately, because I asked them to postponed the rental start date to May 12, but they said the landlord insisted that the start date MUST be on the 24 of April, which is unfair, and they also wanted me to back date... because they sent me the agreement on the 22 of April. I wasn't going to sign it, but they refused to return the holding deposit of £8488.00 so I spoked to them, and they finally agreed to move it to a later date by one week, but now I just found out there is scaffolding up. Is this legal?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Has it been signed by both parties please?
JACUSTOMER-yf7sw1hz- :

Yes it has been signed by both parties.

JACUSTOMER-yf7sw1hz- :

Basing on the fact that they forced me into renting this place, and intentionally kept the information regarding the scaffolding going up today, can I get a refund? and pull out of the rental agreement?

Alex Watts : How do you know they knew about it please?