75100385

I have been subject to loan fraud.I was asked by the fraudster

Customer Question

I have been subject to loan fraud.I was asked by the fraudster to write a check addressed to him and a company name wealthwise properties nov 2011.The fraud came to light when the returns never materialised nov 2013.
The company I had written the check to had completely dissolved 11/10/11,3weeks prior to the check date4/11/11.How can Barclays bank process a check through a closed company account and also in the name of some one not involved with the company by way of director/secretary or otherwise.
Is Barclays bank liable to make good and return my monies? £300,000.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : I don't quite understand, you were asked to write a cheque for £30,000?
Alex Watts : sorry £300,000?
Alex Watts : You made it out to whom, the closed company?