12826847

Can a person face trial by the police and DWP at the same

Customer Question

Can a person face trial by the police and DWP at the same trial.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am on bail for handling stolen goods and money laundering. The police have bailed me for 15months. Both charges are untrue and have paperwork for both cases.this is probably because of an unhappy customer or a jealous competitor.
I run a colectables and jewellery shop.
The department or works are accusing me of employing a person who is claiming. If these accusations are believed by both police and DWP why has it taken so long?

Well, probably because its not priority crime. They are too busy wasting millions of public money investigating 70 year olds for making a pass at somebody in 1972!

If this is a genuine money laundering investigation though then they are very slow. Financial investigation is very heavily paper based which is slow and labour intensive for the police.

The DWP never do anything particularly quickly anyway but periods of over a year are not unusual for a money laundering investigation.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The money and gold was seized by the police.
They were not interested in paperwork that we had from cashing in our gold legally purchased to a bullion dealer. The receipt for the gold was with me but still they weren't interested but had they been they could see that the receipt accounted for the money seized. How can they bring a charge of money laundering without the paperwork. We always take identification when buying from the public.
I think probably that the allegation is that the money used to buy it was raised from the proceeds of crime. Obviously I haven't had vision of the case but usually those are the grounds.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The police have all identification for the items purchased which are relevant to the money

Sorry to be a pest
Its no problem!

What did you want to know about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The money seized was received from a bullion dealer I use and trust for all the gold purchased by myself together with identification sheets from the sellers of the gold covering the exact amount of money seized. I don't understand how they can accuse me, as the procedure I use is used throughout the country and hopefully make a profit when I sell to bullion dealer.
The problem is the police took the money but although the police were offered the invoice covering the money they refused it.
Well, I imagine that they are concerned that things are not as you say.

You wouldn't be the first innocent person to be investigated. Thats why people win at court.