UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

We have a company in Essex in the UK. We build websites and

Customer Question

We have a company in Essex in the UK. We build websites and marketing. There is another company in Australia that trades under the same name. We don't deal with Australia at all and never will, but our business is done online. They registered their name 8 months before we did.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

What is your query please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My question is, are we liable to get sued by them as were are doing lots of online campaigning. We both have the same name, registered in our respective countries.
Yes, you may be sued by them if they started their business before yours I am afraid.

They could argue that they,intend to trade in the UK and your business is passing off off theirs.

Can I assist further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, if we changed to voodoo creative uk, could that help?
I do not know that name you are trading as but if it is similar to the other person, you will have problems.

Please leave feedback