12826847

Last Thursday I phoned for an ambulance as I was up

Customer Question

Last Thursday I phoned for an ambulance as I was doubled up with stomach pains. My husband told them I was about 6 weeks pregnant, the operator then asked to speak to me and asked me a series is questions, I was crying and telling him how much pain I was in. He then told me ' you need to ring your GP as we are only paramedics and a GP can help you more than we can. I told him I had been to hospital on Monday with bleeding and they told me to come back if the bleeding gets worse or I have pains. He then asked me if it was possible for my husband to take me. I needed help and even my husband tried to reason with him, in the end we hung up cause I needed to get to hospital and they would not help. My husband drove me in extreme pain in rush hour to hospital which is on. Good day 30 min away. Once there they told me I had an eptopic pregnany that had ruptured I had internal bleeding and the doctors battled for a couple of hours to save my life as I was so poorly. Do I have a case to take to the ambulance service for not helping me

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How would this have been improved if the ambulance had taken you to hospital?

I realise that it was an awful situation but how would it have been avoided if they had attended?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
By the time I got to hospital I was in a bad way. By having a ambulance picking me up they would have been able to give me the help I needed quicker. Also the distress of my husband driving me a fair distance in rush hour traffic in extreme pain
Yes, but in what way has it made the long term effects worse?