75100385

I have a licensing agreement with a company, the company the

I have a licensing agreement with a company, the company the license agreement want to transfer my licensing agreement over to a different company, can they do this without my permission? Can they make the change without formally informing me?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Is there a clause in the licence that allows for an assignment please?

Customer:

No there isn't

Alex Watts :

In that case no, it can not be assigned

Alex Watts :

It can only be assigned if the licence allows this

Alex Watts :

Customer:

The company is run by the same director, he has purchased a new company and wants to transfer my license over to the new company. Does this make a difference does the assignment clause still apply?

Alex Watts : Can't assign unless the agreement allows so yes.
Alex Watts : Does that clarify?
Customer:

Yes I think it does. thank you

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

Sorry I meant unless I can help further if you could leave feedback please!

Customer:

Just one more thing, because I told them that I did not want to renew the licence with them they have then suspended me based on what are untrue allegations one of which is a very serious allegation and I feel is detremental to my charactor, The new company is now trying to take me to court for compensation for early termination of that license and compensation for their untrue allegations. If I can get the case struck out, is there anything I can do in regards XXXXX XXXXX myself?

Alex Watts : Yes you could make a claim but you must file a counter claim.
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Customer:

Can I still file a counter claim if I have already filed my defence.

Customer:

maybe tack it onto the application to get the case struck out>

Alex Watts : You need to apply in that case to apply to the court for 2 things.
Alex Watts : one - amend your defence to include a counter claim
Alex Watts : Two - to strike out the claim
Alex Watts : Does that clarify?
Customer:

Yes thank you, the information has been very helpful