75100385

Additional unauthorised? costs. Court directed (9XC60779) I

Additional unauthorised? costs. Court directed (9XC60779) I must pay claimant debt agreed £16375.00 plus interest to date of judgement plus £480 for costs. by instalments of £240 pcm. Further costs of £111.75 are added for enforcement. I have now discovered that XXXXX XXXXX and Co, to whom the payment is sent each month have been deducting from the payment fees of £60 plus VAT in the form of fees for themselves. As the Court appear to have directed otherwise it would appear to me that this deduction is not permissable as the whole payment of £240 pcm should be deducted from the total amount as above.
Would very much appreciate your advice,

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Have the court allowed such an admin fee please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The answer is yes. The Court have allowed an admin fee.

Do you know on what basis the Court allowed the admin fee please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Court's award in favour of the claimant was as follows

You must pay the claimant £16375.00 for debt. (and interest to date of judgement) and £480.00 for costs.

For your information the Claim no. was 9XC60779 in the Northampton County Court.

Thank you so far.

PS Your rating record showed our reply as poor. This is completely opposite to what we entered. So far it has been first class.

If the Court only awarded £480 costs they can NOT add anything else.

They can only charge what the Court allows.

Therefore you only need to pay the £16375 and the £480 - nothing else.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much for your invaluable help.

Happy to help!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Further to my enquiry regarding Claim No. 9XC60779.

Thank you very much for your professional help. With regard to interest being claimed at the rate of 8% per annum, is the following statement correct? If judgement is for £5000 or more or is in respect of a debt that attracts contractual or statutory interest for late payment,the Claimant may be entitled to further interest. Accrued interest paid to the 28th January 2014 is £5961.83.

Its 8% or whatever is in any contract.

Does that clarify?