75100385

If I have had cosmetic surgery in which the aftercare advice

If I have had cosmetic surgery in which the aftercare advice states that any issues I would be covered for within the next 5 years, this was 4 years ago and I'm now encountering issues. I have returned to the clinic and they have stated that as the company when into Liquidation in 2010 and were taken over by the Hospital Group that my aftercare is void and I would have to re-purchase for correction......is this legal?? Where can I go for further advice?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Do you know whether the old company has gone into liquidation please?
Customer: Hi my operation was carried out by surgicare in June 2010 and they went into liquidation in October 2010 when the hospital group took over but they are still trading as surgicare today.
Alex Watts : Its bad news. If the company went into liquidation then all obligations cease, they end.
Alex Watts : So any debts or contact end. The new company may have brought the assets including name but this does not sadly carry an obligation to continue your treatment.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: No that's great thank you this was the response I received from Surgicare but I wanted a legal opinion as fortunately I had 4 years with no issues but if it had been less than a year it would have been devasting! To have the corrective surgery is there anything additional I can purchase before I proceed to protect myself from this happening again?
Alex Watts : Pay on credit card. That would protect you.
Alex Watts : Sorry I meant to say don't forget to leave feedback before you go today!
Customer: Thank you for your help, how would paying on a credit card protect me?