UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My property is on a corner of two roads - Solent View Road

Customer Question

My property is on a corner of two roads - Solent View Road and Solent View Close. The frontage to S.V. Close is larger than that to the Road. HM Land Registry states my address is 15 Solent View Close and that is the address I have used for 33 years. However, Ringway Island Roads on behalf of the Isle of Wight Council have stated my address should be 15 Solent View Road as the drive and pedestrian access is from the Road. (If I were to build a path straight from my front door, it would lead to the Close). I now have problems when ordering on line with the no. of my property etc. Please can you tell me which is the correct address to use. 15 Solent View Close has been used for 33 years for all my personal, financial and legal affairs.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

If the Land Registry has the SV Close address registered, and you claim to have used it for 33 years, that should be the correct address and you may go to court for an order declaring that is the correct address and not the SV Road address.

Can I assist further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your answer which I am very satisfied with.

Welcome