12826847

My neighbour has accused me of calling her a racist word, I

Customer Question

My neighbour has accused me of calling her a racist word, I have never heard the word before I believe it's a slang word. I did no such thing, the police are coming around to talk to me on Monday about it. I work in childare I own a business in child care, we are fully inclusive, I am a child protection liaison officer, special needs coordinator and we fully embrace diversity. What should I do I'm very concerned. What will happen should i get a solicitor?

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What are you accused of saying please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo

I think the word is a nicky.

Jan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo

Did you receive my reply?

Jan
If that is the word in question then its not a racial slang that I've ever heard of and I am a criminal lawyer of many years and hear most foul abuse.

I would imagine that they will probably just give you a harassment warning and tell you to ignore her which would be a good idea.

If they do arrest you then it will be for S5 public order or racially aggravated S5 public order and you will be offered a solicitor at the police station.

I'm afraid that some people just enjoy being victims in this world.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will a harassment warning go on record or affect my crb when I have to renew it?

Jan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Now I am worried, can they arrest me? Should I have a solicitor when they come to talk with me?
Not of itself but the fact of the allegation will be recorded although only revealed if you are enhanced checked.

It will be written in a way that reveals that you have not been found guilty and will probably reflect the stupid childish nature of the allegation. Most police officers will admit privately that most hate crime is just reported by childish people using the police to get revenge.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Should I get a solicitor to be with me when police visit?
Not at the time they visit you at home.

if they arrest you or try to interview you at home then clearly you would need a solicitor.

If its just a chat for words of advice though then there is no point.