Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

If one erects a new fence, is it the law that the posts should

If one erects a new fence, is it the law that the posts should face inward into the owner's property, or is it merely an assumption that the "posts" side is the owner's side ?
Expert:  Kasare replied 3 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question. I will assist you with this.

The deeds should show who owns the fence by reference to a T on the boundary line, which indicates who owns the post/fence.

If the deeds say nothing, then in the case of fences with posts or struts on one side, the law presumes that the owner on that side owns and is responsible for repairing the fence.

I hope this assists. If you require anything else please ask.

Expert:  Kasare replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rachel, did this answer your question or did you require anything further?

If you don't need anything further, please don't forget to rate my answer (positively is appreciated!) so I receive credit for my answer.

Kas