75100385

it has come to my attention that false rantings have been posted

it has come to my attention that false rantings have been posted on facebook causing great distress to the people involved i have been blocked from site and do not no the full content but there must be some way to stop this

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

What has been said please?

Customer:

accusing grandmother of demanding repayment of loans completely untrue rantings about her father untrue only know what concerned fiends have told me

Alex Watts : Has anything been reported to the police please?
Customer:

no this has been on facebook

Alex Watts : Yes but have you reported it to the police please? Are the comments indecent or grossly offensive in any way please?
Customer:

they are upsetting rants which i want to stop i have not reported to police because they are malicious and spitful more than threatening

Alex Watts : There is an offence under the Mailicous Communications Act 1988
Alex Watts : (1)Any person who sends to another person—
Alex Watts : (a)a [F1letter, electronic communication or article of any description] which conveys—
Alex Watts : (i)a message which is indecent or grossly offensive;
Alex Watts : (ii)a threat; or
Alex Watts : (iii)information which is false and known or believed to be false by the sender; or
Alex Watts : (b)any [F2article or electronic communication] which is, in whole or part, of an indecent or grossly offensive nature,
Alex Watts : is guilty of an offence if his purpose, or one of his purposes, in sending it is that it should, so far as falling within paragraph (a) or (b) above, cause distress or anxiety to the recipient or to any other person to whom he intends that it or its contents or nature should be communicated.
Alex Watts : Therefore if this has happened you should report it to the Police as this is an offence.
Alex Watts : They can investigate and prosecute.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/