Hi, 4 Years ago I was travelling from Heathrow on one of

4 Years ago I was travelling from Heathrow on one of the british airlines to my country. Total travelling time was around 7 hours. Something was wrong with the air plane and I wasn’t able to use the toilets as they were closed! I kept asking one of attendants and she said that there was a water problem and I couldn’t use the toilet.

This flight was a transit so I had to wait for almost 3 hrs before actually reaching my destination and being able to use the toilet.

Today, 4 years later, my main concern is always, is there a toilet and is it working? This caused so much stress and unhappiness in my life and caused my anxieties every time I am in public where it might be a little difficult to go to the toilet easily (e.g. in a cinema). What’s more, whenever I want to talk on stage I have go to the toilet and even when I do I still feel the need to urinate before I go on stage.

This is destroying my life. I am trying to get over it but it still affect my life! Although I have never intended to do something about it against the airlines, I now believe that I should. This is something that I will probably be suffering from for a long time and they need to answer to this…

My question: Knowing about this and the fact that my wife was there as a witness, what can I do, what’s the next step, and who could best take this issue on my behalf to court?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Sorry if I'm missing the point but what do you want to take action over?

What have they actually done wrong here?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What they have done wrong here is that they caused my physical and psychological pain. I still suffer from the later 4 years later! Imagine yourself having to pee but forced to wait for 3 hours to actually do it?

This is just wrong on all accounts:

1. The service wasn't provided properly.

2. Even the flight attendant was rude and yelling.

3. They didn't come up with a solution.

4. They didn't care and didn't bother apologising.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I feel that I have the right to use the company for their shitty service and for all the anxieties and psychological issues they have caused me.

I am very sorry but there is no claim here.

Obviously it was very unfortunate that the facilities were not working but it doesn't amount to an offence or a civil wrong.

The fact that you are suffering now as a result of this is therefore not something for which you can claim.

You can always make a complaint to the company.

I'm very sorry.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How come? Does this mean that I wasn't entitled to a good service when I paid my fair?

No, you are entitled to the transportation.

The fact that the toilets are working is not an essential component of the contract

You made the journey. They are entitled to be paid for it I'm afraid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
The answer doesn't seem logical. She says that accessing a toilet in an airplane isn't an essential component of the contract?

Airplanes come with toilets just as hotels give you rooms with toilets. This IS part of the service I am paying for...

Sorry but I don't think that this is an accurate answer.
Opting out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your help.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.

Can I make another point in addition to those made by my colleague? You said that this flight was four years ago. Under aviation law, any claim arising from a flight must be raised in court within two years of the incident. Unfortunately, therefore any claim you may have had is time barred and would not be entertained by the court.
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.