12826847

My father died 6 months. Ago, and I was his power of attorney

Customer Question

My father died 6 months. Ago, and I was his power of attorney for 7 years,my sister got him to make a will he did not pay for it she did, leaving the bulk of the estate to her and her children, my brother and his children, my father did not wish to make a will,as he said he only has 3 children, so no need for a will. But my siblings were insistent, they only just told me about the will,they have locked me out of his house, scattered his ashes and never told me, at the funeral his cleaning lady said that she took dictation on a post office will paper for my dad,and she witnessed it, leaving his estate to me and my sister, but the solicitors are still going with the will that they had prepared in 2008,even though the cleaner has signed a statement saying that there is another will bug I don't know where it is,know they are selling the house I have offered more money for the house but they are refusing to sell it to me,they are refusing me access to the house it has been emptied, what can I do , I have lodged a caveat against there will.
How are they selling the house if Probate has not been granted?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
They have marketed the house, but have not exchanged contracts yet until I lift the caveat, but I have offered more money for the house but my sister will not sell it to me, surely as executor she should achieve the best price for the estate
How is the Residue actually divided?