12826847

if through a solicitor I pay someone money to keep them from

if through a solicitor I pay someone money to keep them from involving the police for a wrong I did them can they then go back on the deal

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Yes, they can I'm afraid.

If you haven't done this already then please do not. There is absolutely not protection at all in it from your point of view and, in fact, they could use this to incriminate you.

I would be surprised if any solicitor were willing to become involved in it anyway if those were really the terms as its an agreement that cannot be enforced and is potentially unlawful.

I'm very sorry if this is bad news.