75100385

My property has been trashed, not by the tenants but by the

My property has been trashed, not by the tenants but by the letting agent who uses unqualified people to do the plumbing, I now have a collapsed celling, do I just let them get away with it or do I spend money on a solicitor?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

How much is it to put the work right, is it the £395 or more please?

Customer:

It will cost according to the letting agents about £700.

Alex Watts :

In that case yes. The agent should use proper qualified people.

Alex Watts :

In any event they have a duty to act with all reasonable skill and care.

Alex Watts :

You should get a number of quotes to get the work done - this forms your loss

Alex Watts :

You should to write and set out your losses and ask for a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court. Make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they refuse then you can issue proceedings which can be done online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by competing form N1 at: https://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue the claim which will be sent to the Defendant and they will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce it. If the matter is defended it will be set down for a hearing. If the losses are £10,000 or less then it will be a small claim and you do not need representation.

Alex Watts :