75100385

Hi, I was arrested on Saturday night for possession of a

I was arrested on Saturday night for possession of a controlled substance class A - cocaine. I was not found to be in possession but it was on the floor next to me and I have denied it was mine when interviewed. It was not actually cocaine so I know it won't test positive if they test it for this but I am worried incase my fingerprints are found on the bag. I have been bailed until 5th June. I am obviously quite worried and need some advice. This is my first offence and I have never been in trouble with the law before.

Can you advise on best course of action please?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Why would your fingerprints be on the bag please?
Customer:

I had been in possession earlier and when found in the toilets threw it to the floor

Alex Watts : So why did you not hand it into security? What did you do with it?
Customer:

Security found me with it in the toilets, this is the point in which I discarded it. I didn't want to admit it was mine.

Alex Watts : so it was yours?
Customer:

yes, it was a class b drug not cocaine as they suspect

Alex Watts : Ok. Well they are likely to have it tested. If its a class B and you have no previous they would likely offer a caution if it is of low value and personal use.
Alex Watts : But for a caution you need to admit the offence.
Alex Watts : If you do not then they may take it to court.
Alex Watts : Given your fingerprints are on it and you discarded it, this would indicates link to possession.
Alex Watts : But if you admit they may well offer a caution.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Will I be offered the chance to admit it. Will the fact that I denied it was mine during interview mean it could still go to court even if I admit it?

Alex Watts : It's possible they could still charge you if you admit it. But given no previous they may offer a caution.
Alex Watts : You would need to go back and see if a caution is available if you admit it, once the results are in
Customer:

If I ask them that would they tell me?

Alex Watts : I would think so.
Alex Watts : can I clarify anything else?
Customer:

should I arrange to see them and admit it before the results are back? or wait?

Alex Watts : Wait.
Alex Watts : Does that clarify?
Customer:

yes, thanks

Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/