UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hello, I want to bring my ukrainian girlfriend to the UK with

Hello, I want to bring my ukrainian girlfriend to the UK with her 5yr old child. We intend to be married, but i am currently waiting for a decree absolute from my previous marriage. Now the more tricky part. My ex wife is Russian. We married 7 years ago in Russia and she came to live with me in the UK. She now has British citizenship. Now the question. If I now apply for my future intended to come here would my previous sponsorship cause me serious problems.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

The fact that you were previously married to a Russian national should not affect any future sponsorship by you as long as your proposed marriage to your Ukrainian girlfriend is genuine and the requirements of the immigration rules as applicable are complied with.

Hope this helps